Wilkinson Properties Fund 17, LLC
Asset Type: Garden Style and Mid-Rise Multifamily Communities
Real Estate Classes: Value Add and Core Plus
Target Number: 4 – 7 Properties
Expected Hold Periods: 6 – 8 Years
Target Fund Size: $50 Million
Minimum Investment: $50,000
Availability: Accredited Investors
Target Metro Markets: Including Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, Indianapolis and other Southeastern growth markets as well as Pacific Northwest secondary markets
- Purchase opportunistically and enhance the value of assets to secure attractive valuations at the time of liquidation or refinance.
- Preserve, protect, and return real estate investors’ capital contribution.
- Produce net cash from operations to provide cash available for distribution to Class A members.
- Increase property values to produce an attractive total return on investment (Class C).
TARGET MARKETS & FEATURES
We seek to identify real estate investment opportunities in rapidly growing markets with diverse local economic dynamics that provide growth potential and significant barriers to entry.
Our deep experience in the Atlanta and Indianapolis markets and previous investments in the Dallas-Fort Worth market enable us to effectively source properties with high potential for growth.
Current portfolio properties found in the illustration refers to the entire Wilkinson portfolio and is not inclusive of only Fund 17 properties.
CLASS A INVESTORS
Entitled to several priorities:
- A higher Preferred Return (10%) than Class C investors (8%).
- Targeted regular monthly distributions at a rate of 8%, which depend on available cash and count towards satisfying their Preferred Return.*
- Priority Return of Capital.
ADVANTAGE: Class A investors are expected to receive higher and more consistent income and have a lower risk profile.
*The balance of their Preferred Return accrues and builds up over time as new assets stabilize and regular cash flow grows. However, the Preferred Return is non-compounded. Investors investing $1M or more may be eligible to purchase units that provide a higher return.
class c INVESTORS
- Expected to receive most of their income and gains as portfolio properties are sold.**
- Entitled to receive 70% of residual net cash flow after all investors have received their respective Preferred Returns plus Return of Capital.
ADVANTAGE: The 70% sharing of remaining (residual) net cash flow gives Class C investors an opportunity for considerably greater overall economic benefit.
** Upon a sale, after repayment of debt, accrued Preferred Returns, accrued Class A Preferred Returns, and repayment of Class A capital contributions on a pro-rata basis, Class C investors will receive their accrued Preferred Returns of 8% annualized and then a return of capital. Investors investing $1M or more may be eligible to purchase units that provide a higher return.
FUND 17 ACQUISITIONS
THE BENEFITS OF INVESTING VIA A FUND
Pooling the capital contributions of many investors provides a fund and its investors with considerable advantages:
- There’s a potential to access more attractive opportunities and higher-prices properties than individuals could acquire by themselves.
- A fund can diversify its portfolio over many apartment units in multiple properties spread out across a number of geographic markets, which can help reduce portfolio risk.
- Property holding periods can be more staggard to manage market risk.